- Honey is a sweet liquid made by bees using nectar from flowers.
- Flavour of honey varies based on the flowers from which nector is collected.
- A light color honey is the best quality honey as compared to darker one.
- Honey also possesses antiseptic and antibacterial properties.
COMPOSITION OF HONEY
- A tablespoon of raw honey contains 64 calories, zero fat, zero cholesterol and sodium – free, according to National Honey Board.
- Its composition is roughly 80 percent carbohydrates, 18% water and 2% vitamins, minerals and amino acids.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF HONEY :
- BRAIN BOOSTER : Honey possesses natural antioxidant and therapeutic properties which makes it a brain – booster.
- SLEEPLESSNESS AND GOOD DIGESTION : Take honey with milk to calm the soul and induce sleep and to improve your digestive system.
- SORE THROATS : Due to its to its antimicrobial properties, honey not only soothes throats but can also kill certain bacteria that causes the infection
- HAIR GROWTH : Take honey with cinnamon to treat your hair loss problem
- WEIGHT LOSS : Take honey with lemon to reduce your weight.
- CUTS AND BURNS : Honey is preferred for the dressing of any wound due to its strong antibacterial property.
Apart from this there are so many other benefits of honey.
Take advantage of this natural nectar and make your life healthier.